Here's how I make it in my kitchen.
2 chicken drumsticks
1/2 cup ginger chopped coarsely
Fresh turmeric, 1/4 cup, (can use 1 tsp powder if you don't have fresh)
1 medium turnip, (1 cup)
1 medium beetroot, (1 cup)
1 medium onion, ( I cup, coarsely chopped)
2 cups of Kale, coarsely chopped
1 tsp fresh lime juice or lemon juice
1 tsp of sea salt, (any salt is fine)
1 tsp. black pepper
Boil all the above for 1/2 hour on medium in a 6 quart pot of water.
If you are using a pressure cooker like I do, I turn down the heat after I hear the pressure being built up, and let it cook for another 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
While the soup cooks, chop 2 cloves of garlic and 1/4 cup cilantro and mix it in your cooked soup and enjoy!
My tid bits:
- Add the minced garlic in the end to get it's maximum health benefits.
- Puree the vegetables with a hand blender to make the soup creamy.
- The citrus added during cooking helps leech out the calcium and minerals from the chiken bones.
- I like to serve this for evening supper only because garlic smells strong and turmeric can stain teeth, so brush before you go to bed dahlins :-)
- Have a cup every night, if you have the flue, I would have some every 2 hours, with rice, toast, crackers, noodles, pasta, what ever U like dahlins!!
Do this for your family and friends, if you don't have the root vegetables, you can use absolutely any vegetables you have, bell peppers, celery, celeriac, tomatoes...