Citrus-based and peppery flavors are coming back for 2013, says who? Moi, ur's truely! “Anything hot—like habanero, green chile and ginger!
- 2 cups any shredded or julienne'd raw vegetables.
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 green chilies
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/c cup chopped or quartered tomatoes.
- fish sauce 1 tsp. (Vegetarians can use salt to taste)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup for us Vermonters, u may use any sweetener u like :-)
- Make a kinda sorta paste with your motar/pestle with chillies, garlic, lime, tomatoes, fish sauce and maple syrup or sugar.
- Mix with the juliened vegetables and voila!
There's your fusion som tam, now not all of us can get raw papayas in this part of the world, so I do som tam with any juliened veg.
Go ahead folks, give it a try and top it on your fish, meat, burgers, tofus or I just eat it like a local thai with sticky rice. Yummmmy!Theres your healthy marries delcious cooking in minutes......